Here I’ll publish some information about links that I think are essential reading for canine parents:
- This position statement from the AVSAB (American Veterinary Society for Animal Behavior) increases awareness of the need for socialization in puppies and raises the issue of how vaccination protocols affect the socialization process in puppy classes:
- Another position statement from AVSAB (American Veterinary Society for Animal Behavior) gives guidelines for choosing a dog trainer so you and your dog can have a great experience:
- “Bones Would Rain from the Sky: Deepening our Relationship with Dogs” is a book written by Suzanne Clothier. It is my favorite book on forging true connections with our dogs, and is often a book that I give as a gift to my most hard-working clients. Available on Amazon.
- “The Culture Clash”, written by Jean Donaldson, is a thought-provoking book on dog training and behavior, and on how conflicts arise between what motivates the dog vs. what motivates the human. Available on Amazon.
- “The Other End of the Leash: Why We Do What We Do Around Dogs” by Patricia McConnell is another classic book about bringing out the best possible relationship between man and his best friend. Available on Amazon.